Desktop computers are becoming smaller and smaller day by day. Raspberry Pi, Intel’s NUC, MinnowBoard are the best examples for small sized computer. Developers are working hard to bring 32-bit and 64-bit operating system support in such Mini PC. Intel has already made it. Its now SolidRun Ltd to develop CuBox which is another Mini PC.
CuBox stands-out in its size compared to other Mini PCs. CuBox is approximately 2 × 2 × 2 inches and weighs 91 grams which makes it ultra-portable. It even supports 1080p video playback (decoding) and many other features.
Features of CuBox
- Linux based distributions like Ubuntu, Debian and others, Android
- Boot OS from memory card
- 1080p Video Decode Engine
- OpenGL|ES 2.0 graphic engine
- HDMI 1080p Output
- Gigabit Ethernet, SPDIF (optical audio), eSata 3Gbps, 2xUSB 2.0, micro-SD, micro-USB
- Standard Infra-red receiver for 38KHz based IR controllers.
- Unbrickable for Developers!
CuBox delivers all these features with power consumption of 3 watts. CuBox is available for pre-order in multiple configuration which is tabulated below.
The pre-orders will be shipped starting from November 2013.