The world is full of gadget particularly smartphones and we are moving towards our next generation in technology. smartphones are making our life easy to go. now with new and innovative smartwatch Pebble, life is going to be even more easier. Pebble is a smartwatch from Pebble Technology which was funded by Kickstarter. For now more than 85,000 units have been sold.
What is Smartwatch?
Smartwatch is a watch that has features and capabilities of a smartphone or a PDA. they include features like GPS, accelerometer, thermometer, altimeter, barometer, compass, chronograph, rechargeable battery etc. some of the advanced smartwatches ave touchscreen display and can even display call and messages from smartphones with Bluetooth technology.
Pebble is one such smartwatch that connects to Android and iPhone smartphones using Bluetooth tehnoclogy and it can alert and display messages, calls, email and many more with vibration.
|Pebble Smartwatch from Pebble Technology|
- Used when cycling and running
- Control music playing in smartphone
- Incoming Caller ID
- Email (Gmail or any IMAP email account)
- SMS on both Android and iPhones
- iMessage (iOS only)
- Calendar Alerts
- Facebook Messages
- Weather Alerts
- Silent vibrating alarm and timer
- Golf rangefinder
|Pebble Smartwatch – Caller -ID|
|Pebble Smartwatch – Cycling|
- Load apps using Bluetooth
- 144 x 168 pixel display black and white e-paper
- Bluetooth 2.1+ EDR and 4.0 (Low Energy)
- 4 buttons
- Vibrating motor
- 3 axis accelerometer with gesture detection
- Water resistant upto 165feet
- Rechargeable battery which can be charged through USB
- Last more than 7 days
|Pebble Smartwatch – Email & Alerts|
|Pebble Smartwatch – Music Control|
Currently iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, 5 or any iPod Touch with iOS 5 or iOS 6, Android devices running OS 2.3 and up are supported. Pebble Technology has also released SDK(Software Development Kit) which makes developer enthusiast to develop custom apps for Pebble smartwatch. Pebble smartwatch is currently availabe for pre-order for $150 USD.