This error “[-5 – No address associated with hostname]” is very common while installing or updating packages in Ubnutu Linux which is due DNS. To solve this issue change the “Download from” option in Update Manger. Select the option which has IP address its name. Follow the below steps to correct the issue.
- Open Terminal. Type update-manager and hit Enter
- Click Settings button. Go to tab Ubuntu Software
- Click drop down Download From and select Other..
- Select any option that has IP address in its name. E.g. United States -> 126.96.36.199
- You can now successfully install or update packages.