- Voice command for controlling TV and computers
- Hand gestures for controlling TV and computers (Leap Motion)
- Control display with eye (Eye Scrolling in Samsung Galaxy S4)
- Motion controller in gaming (Microsoft Kinect for Xbox gaming console)
- Virtuix Omni for natural physical movement control in gaming and simulation
- Spacetop – an interactive 2D & 3D desktop computer
- Magic Cube & evoMouse – An Innovative Virtual Keyboard & Mouse
- IllumiRoom – An Augmented Reality for nxtGen Xbox with Kinect
- Displair – An Interactive, Screen-less and Virtual Display
- Google’s Project Glass – An Interactive Head-mount Display
- Oculus Rift – nxtGen Virtual Reality Headset
The list goes on. If we notice on the above product and technologies, there is a unique hardware build to make interaction more better. But we have WiSee, a new and innovative technology which is under research where the users can perform physical hand gestures without any additional devices. The WiSee takes the advantage of WiFi signals from the routers to detect the change in amplitude and other properties of wireless signals when the users performs hand gestures. WiSee doesn’t requires any additional devices like camera, sensor other than WiSee enabled routers which will be available soon as a commercial product.
We can see WiSee enabled routers in near future and it doesn’t require any change in existing wireless standards.