I personally own Moto E and all of a sudden the mobile restarted and got stuck in Blue M screen after the boot animation screen. This problem was also faced by the people using Moto G and Moto X. I restarted the mobile few times and there was no improvement. So I tried clearing the cache partition which also did not work. Then I tried factory reset which solved the problem and note that factory reset will delete the data in the smartphone.
Steps to do Factory Reset
- Remove the memory card(for safety)
- Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button then press the POWER button and hold both buttons for three to five seconds and release both buttons
- You will now get boot screen. Use VOLUME DOWN button to scroll and VOLUME UP button to select. These selection options may vary in your mobile. Select wipe partition cache option and restart the phone. If the phone works now, do not follow the rest of the steps. Others follow the rest of the steps to do factory reset
- Again redo Step 2 to get the boot screen and select Recovery option from the menu using appropriate button.
- After a few seconds (around 15 seconds in my case) an Android icon will be displayed in the center of the screen with an exclamation mark. It will also show a message “No Command“
- Now hold down VOLUME UP button for a 3 to 5 seconds and release it. You will be redirected to another screen where you should select the option Wipe data/factory reset. The phone will restart after a some time and boot animation comes up. Then you will see the Blue M Screen for a minute and then you will be taken to normal phone screen.
- Enjoy !!!